Sunday, July 13, 2008

short

Three weddings, one baby, and a week at home later, I am now in Lexington at camp!

I am working with the Robinson Scholars Program for my fifth summer. This program is for first generation college students from Eastern Kentucky. One student from each of the counties is picked during the eighth grade and the program works with them all the way through high school. At the end of high school, the students are granted a full scholarship to the University of Kentucky. I am working with the rising juniors and seniors at a week-long summer program intended to sharpen skills in argumentative and creative writing. I am not doing any teaching, however; I am an RA.

And speaking of work, I have to be up around 7:30 a.m. tomorrow because I have day duty! :) More later.

No comments: