Tuesday, May 5, 2009

6 things that make me happy

I was tagged by Children of the 90s for a meme! (In addition, the Children of the 90s blog is very very funny!)

1. Mention the person who nominated you (above).
2. List six unimportant things that make you happy
3. Tag six blogs, state the rules & notify them with a teeny comment on their blog.

So without further ado, I present to you 6 UNIMPORTANT things that make moi happy:

1. Surprise people in movies or TV shows. For example, Eric Camden from "7th Heaven" played Melissa Joan Hart's bad dad in Drive Me Crazy. I had forgotten this. When we watched it again, I was filled with glee. I immediately sent a text to my sister that said "Eric Camden is in Drive Me Crazy!" She replied, "Is he her dad?!" We apparently think alike. ("7th Heaven" in general also gets kudos because my brother relayed one of his greatest lines about it. The show, if you haven't seen it, follows the train wreck trials and tribulations of a minister and his family. My brother said, "I think the pope watches this show and that's why he won't let priests get married.") Similarly, The Famous Jett Jackson was in Akeelah and the Bee. Extra points for when Dawson Leery appears in anything.

2. Breaking the hard sugar top on a Creme Brulee. I can't imagine how I would embellish this particular entry. I liked this long before Amelie mentioned the same thing.

3. Layla (my dog) doing silly things. Like getting tangled in the blanket on the bed. Or sitting on the window ledge (it's big) and staring out the window like a cat when we leave.

4. Chocolate milkshakes from UDF. I can't help it. They're the best chocolate milkshakes around. (Yes, I realize this is my second food-oriented mention in this short list, meaning that, as of right now, 50% of the things that make me happy are fattening candy-ish substances. And, honestly, if I'm excited about Dawson Leery, it's kind of like being excited by some sugary fluff. Candy for the MIND. So I suppose by that logic, 75% of this list thus far is about junk food. Awesome.)

5. Getting the mail. I was an avid pen pal when I was a kid, and I remember sitting out by our mailbox waiting for the mailman to come. When I was in this phase, my family lived at a house that was on a flag lot, so our driveway was more than 200 feet long. So if the mail wasn't there yet, I often just sat at the end of the driveway rather than make the walk back to the house and, eventually, back to the mailbox. These days, I can check my email about 10,000 times a day, and that is also happy.

6. Fall days that have perfect soccer weather. For either playing or watching. There's something about a crisp fall day -- the feeling of it, the light, even the smell of the day -- to make me think of bundling up in jeans and a sweater and watching high school soccer at (the now demolished) Fox Field. Sitting in the stands with all my classmates, watching our friends, so many dramas. My parents would be down the field a little way with other parents. There's still something about those particular fall days that make me smile and think about those times. (Note for new readers: my high school didn't have a football team, so soccer was the big fall sport when I was in high school.)

Now, I tag 6 people....(of course, please don't do this if you don't want to!)

Hmmmm....

Eliz
Chere
Thomas
Dibbly Fresh
Trixie
Court

5 comments:

Thomas said...

I would be happy to participate, Stacie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tagging me! I can always use a good source of study break procrastination. This'll give me a break from Facebook quizzes :)

Sadako said...

Thank you! I will do this in the next couple of days. Your idea of doing it as a BSC member is awesome! Thanks again!

Children of the 90s said...

There will always be extra points awarded when Dawson Leary appears in anything! Even with his bad brown hair

Trixie said...

Thanks for the tag! I left you an award on my page :)