Tuesday, May 26, 2009

People are Strange

Just a few things I saw on my trip that I thought were a little funny (I'm sure there were more, and I will update with anything that comes to mind):

1. Man in NYC airport has on a surgical mask (I'm assuming to protect him from swine flu). No biggie, there were several people wearing these things. However, as he walks through the airport, he stops, takes off his mask, and TAKES A DRINK OUT OF THE PUBLIC WATER FOUNTAIN. You've got to be kidding me.

2. While on the train to Venice, a family group from Miami (we know they were from Miami because they talked very loudly and I heard them say so) got on the train. They had the Biggest. Luggage. Ever. The train only had the capacity for carry on-sized luggage in the overhead compartments. The family proceeded to spend the next half hour trying to find places for all of their huge pieces of luggage (which most often meant taking up seats), while one of the older women in the group kept saying things (loudly) like, "You pay too much for a ticket for this to happen." Then, once settled down, the young men in the group were talking (loudly) and using a variety of expletives. Classiness all around.

3. Person trying to take pictures at night had a HUGE tripod and a little tiny point and shoot digital. I understand that those cameras can take pretty good pictures, but a tripod? I didn't have a tripod for my DSLR.

4. Pub crawl member (with a pub crawl shirt on) passes out in Venice train station. The rest of the group leaves him there. Poor kid.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

What did you think of "Glee"?

Children of the 90s said...

Haha, I like the one about the guy in the mask! I've seen someone try that tripod trick too.