Sunday, September 7, 2008

Donnie time! Weekend 1


As you all know, my brother Donnie came home for leave from the army from August 14-26. We spent that first Saturday night at one of Donnie's favorite places -- the Cincinnati Reds game! In the picture above, Donnie rides the water taxi from Newport to Cincinnati. We ate dinner at Hofbrauhaus.
Jennie and Pete smile on the Water Taxi.

My cousin Kaysie had knee surgery this summer. When we got off the water taxi, which you can see in the first picture, Kaysie looked horrified at the amount of steps she was going to have to climb. Donnie put her on his back and carried her up these steps as well as the steps into the stadium with what seemed like no effort. He asked her what she weighed, and I won't tell you here, but it was about what he is normally carrying in equipment in the field.

A big group of people came to the game. Here are several of my family members -- Aunt Kim and Aunt Tami and Kaysie are in the front, and Uncle Walt (Kim's husband) and my cousins Kayla, Carlie, and Ryan are in the back row.

My cousin Kayla is my sister's roommate this year at UK. Here the two roomies smile in a Pete sandwich.Family friend Sean and then my cousins Joey and Jacob look at the camera.

Donnie and his friends Brian and Kyle have known each other for a long time.

Cincinnati is pretty from the safety of the stadium -- too bad the team was terrible that night!

No comments: