Thursday, December 11, 2008

Caught!

I think I have talked briefly about the beautiful new Kroger. And the Dunkin Donuts within it.

So last night I went to Kroger to get a baguette and I stopped at the Dunkin Donuts and got a cinnamon donut to eat. (This was allowed because I was down an entire pound yesterday morning after swimming the 300 pull of disaster on Tuesday night). The girl working the cash register was very lovely and cheerful and I left with a smile on my face.

Tonight, I had to go back to the store to pick up some sandwich bread because we were going to have sandwiches for dinner.

Let me tell you about my day. So you can understand my donut desire.

I set my alarm for 9:15 AM so I could catch the 11 AM bus and meet my friend Laura at the book fair in the student union.

My alarm didn't go off. I woke up at 9:45 and realized that my alarm had been set for 9:15PM.

I shoved my feet in some slippers and went to take the dog out. On the first or second step, my feet went out from under me and I fell down the whole flight of stairs, bruising my arm and backside.

Once I got up, the trauma of the event hit me with a wave of heat. I overheated and had to sit in my t-shirt and pajama pants in front of the open back door. As often happens when I overheat, I felt like I was going to hurl, so I found myself on my hands and knees in the bathroom, where I never did actually puke, but I stayed until I cooled down a bit.

I had been awake for less than 15 minutes.

Then I almost missed the bus because I couldn't find my cell phone so I had to run to catch it.

Needless to say, it was NOT a good morning. The rest of the day was better.

So, anyway, I paid for the sandwich bread at Kroger and then approached the Dunkin Donuts counter. I was going to get some munchkins for breakfast for Hal and I. I look at the workers.

And there is the lovely little girl from the night before.

Oh jeez, I'm thinking. She's going to be like, "Here's that girl AGAIN! She's the last person who needs a donut two nights in a row."

So I finally get up to the counter, and I blurt out, "I was here last night; please don't judge me!"

The girl behind the counter looked befuddled for a moment, and then started laughing.

"Oh!" she said. "That was my sister. You just told on yourself!"

1 comment:

debi9kids said...

LOL! Mmmmmm! Donuts!!!

ps Thank you so very much for your kind words today. I needed the support and you were there:) Thanks!