Thursday, December 25, 2008

Overheard at Christmas

Jenn at Juggling Life recounts funny overheard statements, made usually by her family, every week. The past two days have been full of some good ones for us.
__________________

Christmas Eve finds us opening presents one by one by age, youngest to oldest. My family all raised a glass during the space before my present, which is usually filled by my brother Donnie who is not able to be with us this Christmas because he is serving in the Army in Iraq.

The family: To Donnie!

___________________

Tonight, discussing the funny things we (my cousins and I) did as children:

Mom (to Jennie, who was sitting next to her boyfriend): You didn't like to be naked. I hope that hasn't changed.

___________________

The clue on the Catchphrase machine was for "Test Tube Babies."

Aunt Lisa: The little things that come from between your legs!

Everyone: WHAT?!

Aunt Lisa: Oh, like what you do when you get married!

Everyone: [Laughter for the next five minutes]

____________________

My father was imitating my sister when she was little.

Dad: "My bucket huwts. I have dia-wee-a."

____________________

My Uncle John likes to teach my cousins by calling their boyfriends and girlfriends by the wrong names. My cousin Jacob's girlfriend's name is Sarah. His grandmother's name is Shirley. (Walt is Jacob's dad.)

John: I'm glad Shirley isn't here tonight.

Dad: That's not very nice to say about Walt's Mom.

____________________

Mom made drinks called a Woo-Hoo (also referred to as a Ho Ho in honor of the season) to give to the adults. My aunt Tami entered the room.

Mom: Tami, do you want a Woo-Hoo?

Tami: I thought I already had one.

____________________


1 comment:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Families say the darndest things, don't they?!