Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I was greedy -- and I lost.

Since Linens and Things is going out of business, I've been watching their website to try to get some cool stuff for cheap.

I discovered that they had our china pattern. The only pieces they had left were accent plates (which were awesome) and a sugar bowl.

I watched as the accent plates went down in prices. Finally, this week they were half off. Then they added a free shipping discount a couple of days ago. I rubbed my hands together in anticipation. I added 12 of them to my shopping cart knowing that as soon as they moved again, I would buy them.

I went back yesterday, after reasoning that the free shipping discount would result in the same price as if the plates were $2 cheaper, and my shopping cart only had one plate in it.

There is only ONE plate left.

I lost the game. :(

No comments: