Thursday, February 21, 2008

School stuff...

Well, the past week was a doozy.


First, there was the agenda setting presentation -- which went pretty well. I included graphics in my notes like a good high school teacher and got made fun of. 

Then, there was the media and society paper. The fate of that will be determined on Monday.

Finally, Tuesday brought the due date for my agenda setting proposal. I turned something in, which is good, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if it makes any sense to do the project in the way I proposed. Only time will tell, I guess!

Today I found myself a thesis adviser and figured out when I'm going to do my thesis. I will be working on it this summer, and signing up for the thesis "class" in the fall. Also in the fall, I'm going to try to take a content analysis class that is being held in the Telecom department. (Here, Telecom is a totally different school --- and they do awesome things like hook people up to electrodes to test their responses while they watch stuff on TV!) I also might try to take a video production class so I can gain another skill set for when I start applying for jobs in the far-off future.

Hal and I are enjoying the dueling Macbooks. I have never had a laptop, and I'm enjoying being able to sit downstairs on the comfy chair while working (or reading the net). Also, I was able to bring my computer to the dining room, pull up a recipe, and work off of it rather than write the whole thing down! That was very exciting. (Last night I made a recipe with Leeks in it. Have you ever SEEN a leek? It's like a MUTANT green onion!!!)

No comments: