Saturday, February 9, 2008

Several things

I've been missing for almost a week, and that's silly.

First, our Super Bowl party went swimmingly. The only incident occured when Layla got too excited and ran through our screen door. It is now fixed, and she wasn't hurt, so that's good.

Second, this week I have a presentation and a paper due, and a huge proposal is due on the 19th. Hal and I are getting ready to begin my priest abuse coding analysis (more on that later) -- and that study has to be done by April 1. So I've been working quite a bit on reading lots of things for my presentation and proposal.

Third, I have two fabulous Tales from the Bus stories to tell you. One of them involves me acting a fool, so it should be entertaining. (Also, I had a CONVERSATION on the bus this Thursday! Someone was reading one of the Ender's Game series books, and I asked him about it, because, as well all know, it's my favorite series ever. This was so exciting to me. I hope he didn't think I was hitting on him...)

Fourth -- the fabulous blogger at The_Dairi_Burger discovered Judy_Blume's_Blog. What a find! Actually, The Dairi Burger is also a find -- especially for those of you who read Sweet Valley High books -- that's her specialty. It's similar to BSC Headquarters on my blog roll, but does more book series (and updates more frequently).



Hal and I are waiting patiently for our new toys to show up. We finally bit the bullet and bought a Mac laptop for me. And, not to be outdone, Hal bought one for himself, too. Both of our computers are about 6 years old. His is running a lot worse than mine. We're still going to keep at least mine because it still works pretty well and has several things that Macs done have. Like Minesweeper. Anyway, if you are looking for a Macbook (and not the little skinny new one) -- we were able to secure a rather cheap one off the Apple website by buying a refurbished one. Every couple of days they have some more at the cheapest price of $750. So buying two was a little more expensive than buying 1 new one.

Anyway, we're looking forward to receiving mine (we bought them a couple of days apart). It was supposed to be here yesterday, but it's missing in action. Hopefully it isn't lost or strewn along a highway somewhere. Hal actually looked for FedEx accidents. There was one on Feb. 8, 2006, and, not noticing the date, Hal was very nervous our laptop was exploded somewhere in Colorado. That doesn't appear to be the case. I will keep you all updated.

No comments: