Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fashion notes

I find it odd that anytime a person comes to my blog through a search, they have searched for galoshes. I posted about galoshes awhile back. I do think it's weird that this fashion phenomenon has brought random people to my blog.

Also, my friends doubted my leggings sightings. Because they have real jobs and actually dress up to go to work, they don't have contact with college girls wearing leggings-as-pants. I ranted about this style in detail as we traveled to Chicago together, and we were able to have a leggings-as-pants sighting while shopping in H&M (well, while they were shopping; H&M apparently had nary a shirt that fit me in an appropriate way). They were, of course, horrified. They truly doubted that many girls wear leggings-as-pants at school. So I did a very unscientific observation exercise -- I looked out of the window of the bus and counted people who were wearing leggings-as-pants. I came up with 5 in less than 10 minutes. That's pretty ridiculous, don't you think?

No comments: