Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Pictures Part 2 -- my walk to campus


This first picture is a lie. It's not, in fact, on my walk to campus. However, these are the Sample Gates, and they're important because they are kind of the emblem for the university.










My walk through campus is pretty cool. As you can see, it's very outdoorsy. Now, these photos were taken in the evening, so the light is coming from the opposite direction, but you get the idea. The path I take leads me by a creek and through this patch of trees (picture immediately to my left on the left side of the path is a huge field where people often lay out or play frisbee and other collegy things). Across the creek, you see things like the picture above (with the steps). There are at least three bridges on my way to the J school -- some are wooden, like below, and the one closest to Ernie Pyle is this stone thing below. All of these pictures are taken as if I'm walking towards the J school, except for the stone bridge, which is taken facing away from the Jschool. It doesn't matter, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*clears throat and begins to sing*

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday Mrs. J!
Happy birthday to you!!!

(I hope I got the right day!)

:)

Stacie said...

Thanks so much! You did get the right day! :)

It was great to see you on Friday!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Nice to see you too!