Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Crunch Time

It's getting down to that time in the semester.

Crunch time.

With Thanksgiving so late this year, it seems that everything has already started -- the papers, the exams.

Some of my friends are coming to swimming practice for the stress relief. I missed practice all last week because of work I was doing. I'm getting emails from students that imply wild-eyed crashing across keyboards, procrastination snickering in the corner.

I'm working on two projects currently -- my thesis an my project for my Sex in the News class. I have less work of my own to do than many other people because of my dearth of classes. The work I have, however, is pretty in depth. I'm sprinting through about 700 new pages of newspaper articles for my thesis, not counting the amount I read in the spring. My SITN project is a less intense in terms of data analysis, but I'm attempting a different methodology and it has me nervous.

I also have 165 papers coming in tomorrow to grade. Luckily, I will have those over Thanksgiving and will be able to finish them then.

Other than that craziness, life is pretty good. I swam tonight and was able to do the entire workout without taking a break and gasping into the gutter while my group mates continued swimming. Considering I missed a week of practice, I'm pretty pleased with this development.

We are also progressing in terms of a rental property for next year. I'm hoping to have news on that front by the end of the month. We have a property we have our eyes on and we're hoping we get it. Right now it's a wait and see game.

And, of course, I'm looking forward to spending time with my family for Thanksgiving!

More tomorrow. This post is kind of sucky, I know. But that's par for the course with NaBloPoMo. :) I'll try to do better tomorrow!

No comments: