Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kyle is a hater

Even though dtjunkie apparently doubts my ability to make a post a day for November, here is Sunday's post.

The weekend was a dizzying array of travel and friends. Today we went to breakfast with my friend Emily, who has recently returned to Louisville after a couple of years being a reporter out in California. She is now at the Courier Journal, which means among other things, that she and I have to get used to being on the same time zone. It was great when she was three hours behind me and I was not sleeping -- these days she goes to bed at a reasonable hour, which is to say, before me.

After breakfast Hal and I drove to NKy where I went to the baby shower for a very old friend. Kristen has been one of my greatest friends since grade school and I was so happy to be able to attend the baby shower for Ava. Kristen looks so fabulous and the baby is going to be one of the best-dressed kids around. I can't wait to meet Ava when she makes an appearance! It was also fun to spend some time with some old friends that I don't get to see very often.

We ate dinner with my grandparents and drove back to Bloomington in the dark and cold. I returned to several emails from my students with questions about their last assignment, due Wednesday, or the test they have tomorrow.

After a crazy and fun weekend, I'm exhausted and ready to go to bed! I leave you with a photo from Saturday night. My college roommates and I smile while sharing many moments of silliness and laughter -- which is pretty much the way it always was. From L-R, Amanda, Sarah, me, and Anne.

No comments: