Sunday, November 9, 2008

Space

Photobucket

We used to own this house.

The house had 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a big kitchen with a breakfast nook, a dining room, living room, and an open room in the upstairs.

Photobucket

The kitchen had a pot rack.

Photobucket

The breakfast nook had a cool light fixture (which matched the one in the kitchen).

Photobucket

Hal and I could both fit into the kitchen at one time.

Photobucket

And we could fit many more people into our dining room.

But we don't live there anymore.

I decided to go back to school in an area that constituted a 150 mile move. We were lucky to sell the house in this market. Because of the double mortgage/rent payments, we set our sights small, hoping to get a place that we could handle for a year or two.

We now live in a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath townhouse. We have no garage. We have a kitchen too small for Hal and I to fit in at the same time. Our china cabinet is in our living room. There is kitchen gadgets galore in our living room closet. We have china place settings in our upstairs hallway closet (we do have several displayed in the china cabinet).

We are stuffed in this townhouse.

Hopefully tomorrow we will know if we will be looking for a new place to live in Bloomington or elsewhere in the world. Tomorrow I am supposed to find out if I get into the PhD program or not. If I do, we start to look for a new place to move into this summer, after the lease is up here. If I don't get in, reevaluation begins. The nearest programs I'm interested in are several hours away. We're talking Colorado, Florida, and North Carolina, to name a few. Hopefully it won't come to that. Perhaps the answer will be to move back home and resume life as it was.

We have spent a year and a half in this townhouse. I will be happy to move some place bigger.

Keep your fingers crossed for me! Two times, first, that I find out tomorrow, and second, that what I find out is GOOD news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!

I'll be praying and crossing all available body parts for you! :D

DailyNewsie said...

Fingers crossed!