Monday, November 3, 2008

My Favorite Detention

I loved teaching high school. One of the things I loved about it was that I had such a good group of kids I rarely ever had to discipline them by giving them detention. But one glorious day I gave an amazing detention.

On one random day at school, there was a blackout.

It was bright enough that we didn't have to call off school. We assumed that the lights would turn back on any minute. So we worked through the dark and lack of power point projectors.

As I walked through the darkened hallway, I can see that I probably resembled a student.

It was dark, first of all.

I'm short. I had my hair in a pony tail. I had on khaki pants and a sweater, which is part of the dress code where I taught.

In any case, the poor freshman boy behind me didn't realize it was me, the teacher whose class he was heading to.

This particular freshman boy on this particular day thought he was hilarious. And decided to proclaim his hilarity to the school.

After all, it was dark and no one would know it was him.

So he took a deep breath and yelled, "PENIS!" at the top of his lungs.

Right behind me.

I turned around.

It was light enough for him to realize what he had just done.

"GASP!" The look on his face was priceless.

I decided I was also hilarious. I smiled, and yelled at the top of my lungs.

"DETENTION!" I said.

2 comments:

DailyNewsie said...

I wish there was some way (other than LOL) to write how much I laughed at this post. It would be something like, "BWAAA-HAHAHAHAHA!" followed by inhalation of coffee. :) Thanks for a great start to my day!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha! I can see this play like a movie in my head...