Monday, November 17, 2008

Money issues

My mom is in Vegas this week. Although she earned $130 today on a slot machine, I have bested her without even trying.

I'm working an hourly job doing some research for one of my professors.

Today she emailed me with a question about my time sheet.

Our timekeeping system has been rolled over this semester to an online system. Apparently my particular computerized time sheet has been having several problems. Case in point -- I have an edit button where I should not. I missed two weeks of time input because of this button.

And now, apparently my computer has conspired against me. Or for me, I suppose.

It somehow has clocked me in and kept me clocked in 24 hours a day for the last week and a half. I'm earning overtime out the whazoo.

The note from my professor says, in part, "I think at this point we owe you 10k."

Awesome, say I.

I wish it could stay that way. Alas, I will be fixing the problem tomorrow.

No comments: