Saturday, January 3, 2009

Trivial Pursuit

Tonight my parents, Hal, Jennie and Peter, and I sat down to play Trivial Pursuit.

This doesn't happen often. In fact, the box was covered in a layer of dust we could trace smiley faces in.

Hal and I went first. I then had to ask a question for mom and dad.

I looked at the card and couldn't believe my eyes.

"I'm just reading what the card says," I say, and begin laughing.

I read the card.

"What roll in craps is called the Big Dick?" the card says.*

Everyone starts cracking up.

Later on the question turns to my sister. "What is the nickname of Kentucky?"

She screams, "Wildcats!"

Which is, of course, the wrong answer. We all started banging on the table, cracking up. Peter, her partner, was infuriated. She took back her answer and said, "The Bluegrass State!" which worked better for everyone.

In the end, my parents won, and we all had a great time.

*The answer is 10.

No comments: