Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tales from the Bus: Express

My bus route picked up an extra bus that only runs from my spot to a corresponding spot on the other end of the route. We call this route the Express.

Because of this, when you're taking the Express, instead of stopping at my stop, it turns before my stop and actually goes down my street to turn around.

The first time I was riding this, there were only about 6 of us on the bus. When it turned, one of the girls sitting near me looked up in a panic.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!" she said, clearly confused and frightened that the bus had kidnapped us just like in that one book I read back in middle school. (Did anyone else read that book? I can't remember how it ended.)

Another smiling passenger soothed the "whoa-ing" girl's fears.

The bus driver actually let us all off closer to our homes than normal, and we went on our merry way.

(And the bus has been waaaaayyyy too quiet recently. I haven't been able to eavesdrop on any good coversations lately!)

No comments: